- 9/29: Tips & Tricks for New Applicants to Title VI Programs
- October 2021, date TBA: Technical Assistance Webinar for FY 2022 NRC and FLAS Program Applications
Links for each webinar will be posted soon. Check back here for updates.
IFLE administers a variety of domestic and international grant and fellowship competitions throughout the year and we are always looking for specialists to serve as peer reviewers.
FLYER: Call for Peer Reviewers – PDF (444K)
To sign up to be a peer reviewer for IFLE, please send your CV to email@example.com and also register in the G5 system.
The International and Foreign Language Education (IFLE) office administers Title VI (domestic) and Fulbright-Hays (overseas) grant and fellowship programs that strengthen foreign language instruction, area/international studies teaching and research, professional development for educators, and curriculum development at the K-12, graduate, and postsecondary levels.
- Respond to the ongoing national need for individuals with expertise and competence in world languages and area or international studies
- Advance national security by developing a pipeline of highly proficient linguists and experts in critical world regions
- Contribute to developing a globally competent workforce able to engage with a multilingual and multicultural clientele at home and abroad
- Expand access to international and foreign language learning, especially for traditionally underserved students.
- Support teaching and research on critical world regions, languages, and issues
- Introduction to IFLE – The Basics (Video Presentation): Stream on YouTube
- 2017 IFLE Annual Report: PDF (3.2M)
- Google Map of IFLE FY 2020 Grantees
- Program Press Kits
- American Overseas Research Centers
- Business and International Education
- Centers for International Business Education
- Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships
- International Research and Studies
- Language Resource Centers
- National Resource Centers
- Undergraduate International Studies and Foreign Language Program
- Announcement: FY 2018 IFLE Awards
- Announcement: IFLE Awards Over $71 Million in FY 2017 Grants
- BeGlobalReady Initiative
- U.S. Department of Education International Strategy (revised in 2018)
- International Education Week 2020
- 2020 Fulbright-Hays Virtual Summit
- Fulbright-Hays 55th Anniversary
- Internship Opportunities with IFLE
- IFLE’s Newsletters
- IFLE's Press Releases
- All Office of Postsecondary Education open grant competitions
- Discretionary Grant Competitions ED-wide
- Peer Reviewers Needed
- FLYER: Call for Peer Reviewers – PDF (444K)
- Consultations with Federal Agencies on Areas of National Need
- Framework for Global and Cultural Competency: MS PowerPoint (198K)
- Joint Statement of Principles in Support of International Education: PDF (359K)
- Travel Abroad Safety and Health
- Opportunities for Teachers: MS Word (45K)
- International Education Archived Resources
Programs Authorized Under Title VI of the Higher Education Act
Title VI programs offer domestic grants to institutions of higher education to develop and maintain capacity and performance in area/international studies and world languages.
Programs Authorized Under the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act (Fulbright-Hays Act)
Fulbright-Hays programs provide overseas funding to current and prospective U.S. educators to participate in advanced overseas study and research.
News and Information
U.S. Department of Education
Office of Postsecondary Education
International and Foreign Language Education
400 Maryland Avenue, S.W., Room 3E200
Washington, D.C. 20202
Telephone: (202) 453-6950
Fax: (202) 453-5780