Authorization of Subgrants for Grantees under the CIBE, LRC, NRC, and UISFL Programs: FY 2014 grantees under these four programs are now permitted to award subgrants to non-Federal entities to support project activities. Read more.
Program Office: International and Foreign Language Education
CFDA Number: 84.220
Program Type: Discretionary/Competitive Grants
Also Known As: International Business Education
This program provides funding to institutions of higher education in the United States on issues of importance to U.S. trade and competitiveness.
Types of Projects
The centers funded will:
- Be national resources for the teaching of improved business techniques, strategies, and methodologies that emphasize the international context in which business is transacted;
- Provide instruction in critical foreign languages and international fields needed to provide an understanding of the cultures and customs of U.S. trading partners;
- Provide research and training in the international aspects of trade, commerce, and other fields of study;
- Provide training to students enrolled in the institution or institutions in which a center is located;
- Serve as regional resources to local businesses by offering programs and providing research designed to meet the international training needs of such businesses; and
- Serve other faculty, students, and institutions of higher education located within their respective regions.