The Group Projects Abroad Program is currently conducting a competition for short-term (short-term seminars, curriculum development teams, and group research or study projects) and long-term projects (advanced overseas intensive language projects). Applicants may submit only one GPA short-term or GPA long-term application and must identify whether they are applying for a GPA short-term project or a GPA long-term project.
Applications available: January 24, 2019
Application deadline: March 25, 2019
Federal Register Notice
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for FY 2019 for the Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program -- Short-Term Projects and Long-Term Projects dated January 24, 2019 | PDF
The FY 2019 competition for this program is open. Applications can be submitted online through Grants.gov.
Funding Opportunity Number:
- Short-Term Projects: ED-GRANTS-012419-001
- Long-Term Projects: ED-GRANTS-012419-002
- FY 2019 Group Projects Abroad Application Instructions: PDF (911K)
Tips and Assistance
IFLE held two technical assistance webinars in February to help institutions and nonprofit educational entities learn more about the 2019 GPA Program (short-term and long-term awards) and the application process. The webinar provided guidance about the competition priorities, budget, impact and evaluation criteria, and the Performance Measures Form, in addition to other application components.
- Application Technical Assistance Webinar: FY 2019 GPA Program (Short-term awards)
- Application Technical Assistance Webinar: FY 2019 GPA Program (Long-term awards)
- Group Projects Abroad Grantee Showcase Webinar
U.S. Department of Education
International and Foreign Language Education
Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program
400 Maryland Avenue S.W.
Washington, DC 20202
Mail Stop LBJ-OPE-258-22
Main Telephone: (202) 453-6950
Fax: (202) 453-5780