The Group Projects Abroad Program is currently conducting a competition for short-term (short-term seminars, curriculum development teams, and group research or study projects) and long-term projects (advanced overseas intensive language projects). Applicants may submit only one GPA short-term or GPA long-term application and must identify whether they are applying for a GPA short-term project or a GPA long-term project.
Applications available: January 24, 2019
Application deadline: March 25, 2019
Federal Register Notice
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for FY 2019 for the Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program -- Short-Term Projects and Long-Term Projects dated January 24, 2019 | PDF
The FY 2019 competition for this program is open. Applications can be submitted online through Grants.gov.
Funding Opportunity Number:
- Short-Term Projects: ED-GRANTS-012419-001
- Long-Term Projects: ED-GRANTS-012419-002
- FY 2019 Group Projects Abroad Application Instructions: PDF (911K)
Tips and Assistance
IFLE will host a technical assistance webinar in early February to help institutions and nonprofit educational entities learn more about the 2019 GPA Program and the application process. The webinar will provide guidance about the competition priorities, budget, impact and evaluation criteria, and the Performance Measures Form, in addition to other application components.
The webinar date and time will be announced soon on this webpage. Check back here over the coming weeks for further updates.
FOR REFERENCE ONLY: IFLE held three webinars in June 2018 to help institutions and nonprofit educational entities learn more about the GPA program and FY 2018 application process. You may stream the recorded webinar sessions at the links below.
- Group Projects Abroad Grantee Showcase Webinar
- Application Technical Assistance Webinar: FY 2018 GPA Program (Long-term awards)
- Application Technical Assistance Webinar: FY 2018 GPA Program (Short-term awards)
U.S. Department of Education
International and Foreign Language Education
Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program
400 Maryland Avenue S.W.
Washington, DC 20202
Mail Stop LBJ-OPE-258-22
Main Telephone: (202) 453-6950
Fax: (202) 453-5780