Program Office: International and Foreign Language Education
CFDA Number: 84.016A
Program Type: Discretionary/Competitive Grants
Also Known As: Undergraduate and Foreign Languages
UISFL Program Press Kit - PDF (6.84M)
This program provides funds to plan, develop, and carry out programs to strengthen and improve undergraduate instruction in international studies and foreign languages.
Types of Projects
Each program assisted with federal funds must enhance primarily the international academic program of the institution. Eligible activities may include but are not limited to:
- Development of a global or international studies program that is interdisciplinary in design;
- Development of a program that focuses on issues or topics, such as international business or international health;
- Development of an area studies program and programs in corresponding foreign languages;
- Creation of innovative curricula that combine the teaching of international studies with professional and preprofessional studies, such as engineering;
- Research for and development of specialized teaching materials, including language instruction, i.e., business French;
- Establishment of internship opportunities for faculty and students in domestic and overseas settings; and
- Development of study abroad programs.
Last Modified: 04/13/2022