International Education Week (IEW) is a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of Education (ED) and the U.S. Department of State. The Department of Education’s International and Foreign Language Education (IFLE) office and International Affairs Office (IAO) are organizing several initiatives to celebrate the importance of cultural and global competency.
IEW 2017 Videos
- An IEW 2017 Message from Secretary Betsy DeVos
- IEW 2017 Compilation: The Importance of Language Skills & Global Competencies
On Social Media
- Use hashtag #IEW2017 and follow IFLE on Twitter at @GoGlobalED!
- Download IEW 2017 Social Content and Filters from the U.S. Department of State
Calendar of ED Events
- Monday, November 6, 2017; 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
EDTalks and Panel Discussion
“The Role of Global and Cultural Competency in National Security and Diplomacy”
ED Headquarters LBJ Building, Washington, DC
Join the Department of Education’s International Affairs Office and International and Foreign Language Education Office for a series of TED-style talks on how global competencies relate to the field of national security. A senior ED official will make opening remarks, followed by a series of TED-style Talks and panel discussion.
TO REGISTER: Please RSVP with name and organization to: email@example.com by Monday, October 30, 2017.
- Monday, November 13, 2017; 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Workshop for K-12 School Teachers & Administrators
“Adding a Global Dimension to your School or Classroom”
ED Headquarters LBJ Building, Washington, DC”
REGISTER AT EVENTBRITE
- Do you want to help your students and teachers develop global and cultural skills, but don't know where to start?
- Do you need more resources for teaching international topics and foreign languages at the K-12 level?
Calling teachers, principals, language coordinators, social studies coordinators, school administrators, district staff, and state educational administrators!
The Department of Education -- in collaboration with the Title VI National and Language Resource Centers for international and foreign language education at The George Washington University, Georgetown University, and Howard University -- invite you a workshop aimed at helping K-12 school administrators and teachers incorporate “global” into their schools and classrooms.
K-12 outreach experts from designated National and Language Resource Centers will provide information and resources for K-12 teachers and administrators wishing to help their students develop the global and cultural competencies critical for success in the 21st century.
To register, please visit the event page at https://iew2017workshop.eventbrite.com.
If you have questions, please contact Carolyn Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.