EDFacts is a U.S. Department of Education (ED) initiative to collect, analyze, and promote the use of high-quality, pre-kindergarten through grade 12 data.
- Supports planning, policymaking, and management/budget decision-making.
- Centralizes data provided by state education agencies (SEAs).
- Collects data on district and school demographics, program participation, and performance data.
EDFacts centralizes performance data supplied by state education agencies (SEAs) with other data assets, such as financial grant information, within the Department to enable better analysis and use in policy development, planning and management. The purpose of EDFacts is to:
- Place the use of robust, timely performance data at the core of decision and policymaking in education.
- Reduce state and district data burden and streamline data practices.
- Improve state data capabilities by providing resources and technical assistance.
- Provide data for planning, policy, and management at the federal, state, and local levels.
General Information About EDFacts
- EDFacts Modernization Information
- EDFacts Data Governance Board (EDGB) Overview PDF
- EDFacts Overview - Meet ED Data PDF
- EDFacts Data Governance Board Charter Word
- EDFacts Data Stewarding Overview PDF
- EDFacts Data Quality Process Overview PDF
- Disclosure Avoidance Overview PDF
- EDFacts Discussion Points Word
- EDFacts Privacy Notice Word
Key EDFacts Reporting Documentation
- EDPass User Guide PDF
- EDPass Account Management Guide PDF
- EDPass File Specifications
- EDPass File Due Dates
- EDPass SSP and IDEA Part B Child Count Metadata User Guide PDF
- EDPass English Assessment Metadata Collection User Guide PDF
- EDPass Academic Assessment Metadata Collection User Guide PDF
- EDPass Gun-Free Schools Metadata Collection User Guide PDF
- New! EDPass CCD Dropouts and Graduates/Completers Metadata Collections User Guide PDF
- New! EDPass IDEA Discipline, Staffing and Exiting Metadata Collections User Guide PDF
EDFacts Submission System (ESS) Documentation
EDFacts Metadata and Process System (EMAPS) Documentation
- EMAPS IDEA Part B Dispute Resolution User Guide PDF
- EMAPS IDEA Part B MOE Reduction & CEISUser Guide PDF
- EMAPS IDEA Part C Dispute Resolution User Guide PDF
- EMAPS IDEA Part C Exiting Collection User Guide PDF
- EMAPS IDEA Part C Child Count and Settings User Guide PDF
Data Management System (DMS)
Information for Data Users
- See data file documentation and data notes provided with the data files below
- Reporting Entities (Other than 50 states) by Program or Data Group Word
EDFacts Data Files
- Assessment Data
- Adjusted Cohort Graduation Rates (including Flexibility Subgroups)
- Homeless Enrolled
- Other Data Files
- Commonly Used Links: Grant Program Office Publication of EDFacts Data
EDFacts Relevant Resources
- File Due Dates
- Common Education Data Standards
- Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems Technical Assistance Program
- EDFacts Partner Support Center (PSC) User Support Website
- Contact Us – Partner Support Center and State EDFacts Coordinators