The purpose of this page is to identify frequently requested websites that include data originally submitted by states through EDFacts and other ED data resources that allow users to better understand EDFacts and other ED data. The page will be updated, as needed.
The following web sites supported by the U.S. Department of Education publish data files or products using data collected through EDFacts for Department program offices.
On the EDFacts Initiative Site
- Adjusted Cohort Graduation Rate (ACGR) Data LEA- and School-level ACGR public data files and documentation. Data are available from beginning with SY 2010-11 up to the most recently released school year.
- Assessment Achievement and Participation Data LEA- and School-level Academic Achievement and Assessment Participation public data files. Data are available for Achievement data beginning with SY 2009-10 and for Participation data beginning with SY 2012-13 up to the most recently released school year.
- LEA Homeless Enrolled Data LEA-level Homeless Enrolled public data files and documentation. Data are available from beginning with SY 2013-14 up to the most recently released school year.
- Other EDFacts Data Files LEA- and School-level public data files that have been produced in support of ED program offices’ products using EDFacts data. Files include School Status indicators, LEP Students in LEP Program, and Children with Disabilities (IDEA) School Age Data.
- EDFacts File Specifications Guidance delivered to states regarding the collection, structure, formatting, and delivery of EDFacts data to ED.
- EDFacts Communities website Communication, resources, and tools to help state education agencies (SEA's) and other community members understand EDFacts-related content.
On other ED Sites
- Approved State Accountability Plans Consolidated State Application Accountability Workbooks submitted by states to ED.
- Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC) School and district data, research, and resources on the following topics: Enrollment Demographics, Preschool, Math & Science Courses, Advanced Placement, SAT and ACT, Discipline, School Expenditures, and Teacher Experience.
- National Charter School Resource Center Resources and publications on Charter Schools and Charter Management, including information on funding, operations, policy, and news.
- Common Core of Data Data, research, and resources on schools and school districts, including Directory (e.g., name, address, and phone number), Membership (student enrollment), Staff, and other descriptive information about students and staff, including demographics. The CCD also publishes state education agencies’ fiscal data, including revenues and current expenditures.
- Common Education Data Standards (CEDS) Data management tools and resources that streamline the understanding of data within and across P-20W institutions and sectors. The CEDS tool Connect allows stakeholders across the P20W spectrum to address, define, and calculate metrics and indicators such as graduation rates, program enrollment, and academic outcomes. It allows them to define and analyze data used for reporting to the Federal government, and is an excellent tool for deconstructing policy or research questions. EDFacts file specifications have been detailed in Connect. This helps states understand the base elements necessary to report to EDFacts. Search for “EDFacts” in the Connect tool.
- Department of Education Budget Services Tables that illustrate key aspects of the Department of Education Budget.
- EDDataExpress State-level data from EDFacts, the Consolidated State Performance Reports (CSPR), State Accountability Workbooks, the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), the National Assessment of Education Progress (NAEP), the College Board, and the Department's Budget Service office.
- Elementary/Secondary Information System (ElSi) NCES web application that allows users to quickly view public and private school data and create custom tables and charts using data from the Common Core of Data (CCD) and Private School Survey (PSS).
- IDEA Section 618 Part B and Part C Data Office of Special Education (OSEP) Repository for data on infants and toddlers, birth through age 2, who receive early intervention services under Part C of IDEA and children with disabilities, ages 3 through 21, who receive special education and related services under Part B of IDEA. Section 618 of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) requires all states to submit these data.
- OSEP Communities360 Community site for the IDEA Annual Performance Report – This site provides background information on states reporting of the APR as well as the APR data itself (as well as the data displays) on the State Profile page.
- National Assessment of Education Progress (NAEP) The repository for information on the largest nationally representative and continuing assessment of what America's students know and can do in various subject areas.
- National Center for Homeless Education (NCHE) Research and publications geared toward providing technical assistance and information on ED’s Education for Homeless Children and Youth (EHCY) Program.
- Perkins Collaborative Resource Network : Resource Repository for information regarding the Perkins Act and career and technical education (CTE), including topics such as: legislation, grant programs, accountability, and national initiatives.
- Policy and Program Studies Service (PPSS) Evaluation reports on elementary and secondary education, postsecondary education, and career and technical education.
- Privacy Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) Resources for education stakeholders to learn about data privacy, confidentiality, and security practices related to student-level longitudinal data systems and other uses of student data.
- Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems (SLDS) Grant Program Information on SLDS grants and for SLDS grantees regarding the successful design, development, implementation, and expansion of K12 and P-20W (early learning through the workforce) longitudinal data systems.