Small, Rural School Achievement Program
Steps for Applying for an SRSA Grant:
1. Obtain a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number, if your LEA does not already have one. LEAs can obtain a DUNS number for free through the Dun & Bradstreet Website. After submitting a request, you should receive a DUNS number within 1-2 business days.
2. If your LEA has a DUNS number, verify that the number is active in the System for Award Management (SAM).
- An LEA must be registered in SAM and have a DUNS number that is active in SAM and G5 prior to accessing the SRSA application in Grants.gov. No application will be accepted in Grants.gov without an active, registered DUNS number.
- If your LEA’s DUNS number is nearing the end of its “active” status, be sure to reactivate the DUNS in SAM at least 7-10 business days prior to the expiration date to allow time for the validation process.
- Registering your DUNS number with SAM is absolutely FREE. You do not need to pay a third-party vendor to register your DUNS number with SAM.
For additional information, or to verify that your district’s DUNS number is active and registered in SAM, please contact the SAM Federal Service Desk toll-free at (866) 606-8220, (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Washington D.C Time)
3. Complete the SRSA application on Grants.gov during the annual application period. To complete the application, you will need to register in Grants.gov as an “Organization Applicant.” Grants.gov offers tutorials online to explain how to register and how to utilize its “Workspaces” functionality.
4. Complete the SRSA application Grants.govC within the designated timeframe .
See the “Grants.gov Applicant Overview” document for an overview of Grants.gov navigation, registration, and Workspace utilization. In addition, Grants.gov offers tutorials online to explain how to register in Grants.gov and how to utilize Workspace, including:
- An Introduction to Workspace
- User Roles and Access Levels in Workspace
- How to Create a Workspace in Grants.gov
- How to Add Participants to a Workspace
- Completing Forms in a Workspace
*Click on a title above to view the Grants.gov tutorial.