Small, Rural School Achievement Program
Beginning in FY 2017, local education agencies (LEAs) will need to apply each year to receive SRSA grant funds.
FY 2017 SRSA Annual Application Period: May 1, 2017 – June 30, 2017 (4:30pm EST)
Applications received after the deadline will be processed only to the extent that funds remain available.
Steps for applying:
1. Obtain a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number (if your LEA does not already have one).
LEAs can obtain a DUNS number for free through the Dun & Bradstreet Website. After submitting a request, you should receive a DUNS number within 1-2 business days.
2. If your LEA has a DUNS number, verify that the number is active in the System for Award Management (SAM).
For additional information and to verify that your district’s DUNS number is active and registered in SAM, please contact SAM’s help desk toll-free at (866) 606-8220, (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time)
3. Complete the SRSA application on Grants.gov. Instructions will be included with the application on Grants.gov.
NOTE: The application will become available when the application period opens in May. The application will become unavailable when the application period ends.
- An LEA must be registered in SAM and have a DUNS number that is active in Sam and G5 at the time of application to register in Grants.gov and apply for an SRSA grant.
- An LEA’s DUNS number must also be active for the LEA to be able to draw down the funds.
- If your LEA’s DUNS number is nearing the end of its “active” status, it is best to reactivate the DUNS in SAM at least 7-10 business days prior to expiration date to allow time for the validation process.
- To determine if your LEA’s DUNS number is active and registered in SAM, please contact the SAM Federal Service Desk toll-free at (866) 606-8220, (EDT - 8:00a.m. to 8:00p.m.)
- If your LEA does not have a DUNS number, you can submit a request for one on the Dun & Bradstreet website, www.dandb.com.