Skip Program Navigation
U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools

Funding Status
   Current Section  Contacts
 Office of Communications and Outreach Home



Schools, districts, postsecondary institutions, and early learning centers do not apply to ED for this award, but instead apply to their state education authorities. Candidates, including non-public, early learning, and charter schools, should contact their state departments of education or state higher education authorities for information on selection in each state.

Department of Defense Education Activity and Bureau of Indian Education schools should contact their central administrative office. Schools based outside of the U.S. are not eligible for the ED-GRS award.

K-12 State Contacts

Higher Education State Contacts

Email U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools



Please note: ED's award is called "U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools" and has "District Sustainability Award" and "Postsecondary Sustainability Award" categories. "Green Ribbon Schools" without the "U.S. Department of Education" is not ED's award, but instead is a separate program overseen by another organization.

Last Modified: 01/22/2024