Native American and Alaska Native Children in School Program
Timeline for Competition
- Application Available: March 25, 2016
- Deadline for Notice of Intent to Apply: April 14, 2016
Applicants are strongly encouraged to notify us of their intent to submit an application for funding by emailing NAM2016@ed.gov with the subject line “Intent to Apply” and include in the content of the email the following information: (1) the applicant organization’s name and address, and (2) any competitive preference priority and invitational priority the applicant is addressing in the application.
- Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: May 24, 2016 at 4:30:00 pm (EDT)
- NAM NOTICE INVITING APPLICATIONS
- FY 2016 NAM FULL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS PDF (1.6 MB)
- Please note that the NAM Application Instructions are for applicants to download and use as guidance only. Unless the applicant qualifies for an exception to the electronic submission requirement, all NAM grant applications must be submitted electronically via Grants.gov. See the NIA for information about how to submit an application for the NAM competition.
You may download the required Federal forms.
For additional information on the 2016 NAM Competition visit the NAM Program page NAM Program page.
The NAM Program office will host two webinars to provide technical assistance to applicants in preparing their applications and to respond to applicant questions. The purpose of the webinars is to review the competition priorities, requirements, and selection criteria with potential applicants, as well as for Department staff to answer questions about the Notice Inviting Applications (NIA) for this competition. Webinars will be posted after the live event.
* NOTE: Audio version works using CHROME web browser.
Webinar #1- Native American and Alaska Native in School program Pre-Application
Date, Time: April 1, 2016, 2:00-3:00pm (EDT)
MS Power Point (MS Power Point 7.9 MB) | *Audio Version (9 MB) | Webinar Transcript (MS Word 81KB)
Webinar #2- Native American and Alaska Native in School program Pre-Application
Date, Time: April 7, 2016, 4:00-5:00pm (EDT)
MS Power Point (6.95MB) | *Audio Version (8MB) | Webinar Transcript (MS Word, 69KB)