Current competition: FY 2020
The Group Projects Abroad Program is now accepting applications for FY 2020 short-term (short-term seminars, curriculum development teams, and group research or study projects) and long-term projects (advanced overseas intensive language projects). Applicants may apply between December 17, 2019 and February 18, 2020.
Federal Register Notice
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for FY 2020 for the Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program -- Short-Term Projects and Long-Term Projects dated December 17, 2019 | PDF
Applications must be submitted online through Grants.gov.
Funding Opportunity Number:
- Short-Term Projects: ED-GRANTS-121719-003
- Long-Term Projects: ED-GRANTS-121719-004
- FY 2020 Group Projects Abroad Application Instructions: PDF (950K)
Tips and Assistance
IFLE held two technical assistance webinars on January 8, 2020 to help institutions and nonprofit educational entities learn more about the 2020 GPA Program (short-term and long-term awards) and the application process. The webinars provided guidance about the competition priorities, budget, impact and evaluation criteria, and the Performance Measures Form, in addition to other application components.
- FY 2020 SHORT-TERM Group Projects Abroad Application Technical Assistance
- FY 2020 LONG-TERM Group Projects Abroad Application Technical Assistance
- Group Projects Abroad Grantee Showcase Webinar
U.S. Department of Education
International and Foreign Language Education
Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program
400 Maryland Avenue S.W.
Washington, DC 20202
Mail Stop LBJ-OPE-258-22
Main Telephone: (202) 453-6950
Fax: (202) 453-5780