Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions -- Title III Part A Programs
Federal Register Notice, click here.
Program Office: Institutional Service
84.031N: Alaska Native-Serving Institutions
84.031W: Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions
84.031R: Alaska Native-Serving Institutions
84.031V: Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions
Program Type: Discretionary/Competitive Grants, Cooperative Agreements
This program provides grants and related to assistance to eligible Alaska Native-serving institutions and Native Hawaiian-serving institutions of higher education to enable such institutions to improve and expand their capacity to serve Alaska Natives and Native Hawaiians.
Types of Projects
Examples of authorized activities include:
- Purchase, rental, or lease of scientific or laboratory equipment for educational purposes, including instructional and research purposes;
- Renovation and improvement in classroom, library, laboratory, and other instructional facilities;
- Support of faculty exchanges, faculty development, and faculty fellowships to assist in attaining advanced degrees in the field of instruction of the faculty;
- Curriculum development and academic instruction;
- Purchase of library books, periodicals, and other educational materials;
- Funds and administrative management, and acquisition of equipment for use in strengthening funds management;
- Joint use of facilities, such as laboratories and libraries; and
- Education or counseling services designed to improve the financial literacy and economic literacy of students or the students' families.