U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos released a statement on the Department’s Regulatory Reform Task Force’s first progress report as required by President Donald Trump’s Executive Order 13777. The Department has also published a Federal Register notice seeking public input on regulations that may be appropriate for repeal, replacement, or modification.
On August, 25, 2017 the Department’s Office of Postsecondary Education published a Federal Register notice announcing two public hearings that will supplement this effort by seeking public input on Department regulations and guidance specific to postsecondary education programs that may be appropriate for repeal, replacement, or modification.
Public Hearings Information
- September 26, 2017--Salt Lake Community College-Miller Campus, Karen Gail Miller Conference Center, Copper Creek Room A&B, 9750 South 300 West, Sandy, Utah 84070.
- Driving directions PDF (222K)
- Public transportation information
- List of Hearing Presenters WORD (16K)
- Hearing Transcript PDF (703K)
- October 4, 2017--U.S. Department of Education, Barnard Auditorium, 400 Maryland Ave., SW., Washington, DC 20202.
- Nearest Metro stop: L’Enfant Plaza on the Orange, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Silver Lines.
- Hearing Transcript PDF (1.1M)
The public hearings will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., local time.