Most Popular Content
ED offers three kinds of grants:
- Discretionary grants: awarded using a competitive process.
- Student loans or grants: to help students attend college.
- Formula grants: uses formulas determined by Congress and has no application process.
Discretionary Grants Information
Eligibility and Forecasts
Find Grant Programs by Eligibility: who can apply for what
ED grants forecast: competitions opening soon
Federal Register Notices: competitions and other announcements
Apply: Deadlines, amounts, applications, more
Other Grant Information
- IES funding: funding opportunities from ED's Institute for Education Sciences
- Grants.gov: federal government grant competitions
- A-Z list of all programs
- Grantmaking at ED: a summary of ED's discretionary grant process
- Training and Risk Management Tools
- Requesting Reconsideration of Denial of Continuation Award
- Opportunities for Peer Reviewers at the U.S. Department of Education
- How to Be Considered as a Peer Reviewer [PowerPoint, 936KB]
- More information about ED programs
- New Applicant Basic Information: overview of the discretionary grants application process [PDF, 177KB]
- New Applicant Extended Information: detailed information about the discretionary grants application process [PDF, 274KB]
- Returning Interest – G5 Events Page [PDF, 81KB]