The final program integrity regulations published in the Federal Register on October 31, 2014, and a correction published in the Federal Register on December 4, 2014 [79 FR 64890 and 79 FR 71957] require postsecondary institutions that participate in the student financial assistance programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended, to disclose to prospective students certain information about the institution’s Gainful Employment (GE) Programs.
To assist institutions in meeting their disclosure obligation, the Department of Education designed and developed a Gainful Employment Disclosure Template (GEDT) for use by all Title IV postsecondary institutions and eligible programs. This GEDT allows institutions to quickly and easily create a Web page containing the required gainful employment disclosure information for each of their eligible educational programs.
Effective January 1, 2017, institutions must use this GEDT developed by the Department of Education to disclose the required information about their GE Programs in order to be in compliance with the GE Program regulatory requirements.
The materials below contain necessary information for institutions to comply with this requirement.
- Gainful Employment Information, including Debt-to-Earnings (D/E) Rate Data
- Gainful Employment Electronic Announcement #119
- Additional information and resources related to the gainful employment regulations—including the published regulations and Federal Register Notices, answers to frequently asked questions, and guidelines for determining which educational programs are subject to the gainful employment regulations—are available on the Department of Education’s Gainful Employment Information Page
- Please send questions about the gainful employment disclosure requirements to GE-Questions@ed.gov
- Summary Report for the Gainful Employment Focus Groups, February 2016 (PDF, 1.32M)
- Summary Report for the 2017 Gainful Employment Focus Groups, March 2017 (PDF, 4.94M)
Gainful Employment Focus Groups