On June 29, 2016, OCR announced that it has reached settlements with education organizations in seven states and one territory to ensure website accessibility for people with disabilities.
OCR had received complaints involving each of the education organizations, resulting in investigations. But before OCR had completed its probes, each of the 11 parties expressed interest in resolving their cases voluntarily, resulting in the agreements announced today. The settlements involved: Juneau, Alaska, School District; the Guam Department of Education; Montana School for the Deaf and Blind; Santa Fe, New Mexico, Public Schools; Washoe County, Nevada, School District; The Davidson Academy of Nevada; Nevada Department of Education; Oregon Department of Education; Granite, Utah, School District; Bellingham, Washington, School District; and the Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction. (Read full Press Release)
The following are links to the resolution letters and resolution agreements for each education organization.
- Juneau School District (AK) (10-16-1109)
- Guam Department of Education (GU) (10-16-1098)
- Montana School for the Deaf and Blind (MT) (10-16-1160)
- Santa Fe Public Schools (NM) (08-16-1189)
- Washoe County School District (NV) (10-16-1134)
- The Davidson Academy of Nevada (NV) (10-16-1133)
- Nevada Department of Education (NV) (10-16-1101)
- Oregon Department of Education (OR) (10-16-1102)
- Granite School District (UT) (08-16-1232)
- Bellingham School District (WA) (10-16-1108)
- Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (WA) (10-16-1103)