Program Integrity and Improvement
This Web page contains information about our rulemaking efforts on program integrity and improvement. For more information about our negotiated rulemaking efforts in 2012-2014, including related Federal Register notices and transcripts from our public hearings, please see our general information page. For more information about negotiated rulemaking in general, please see our question and answer page.
COMMITTEE MEETINGS INFORMATION
Session 1: February 19-21, 2014
Session 2: March 26-28, 2014
Session 3: April 23-25, 2014
Sessions will run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The meetings will be held at the U.S. Department of Education at: 1990 K Street, N.W., Eighth Floor Conference Center, Washington, DC 20006.
Meetings are open to the public.
Session 1 Materials
Materials that the Department provided to the negotiating committee prior to Session 1:
- Proposed agenda MS Word (25K) | PDF (182K)
- Proposed protocols MS Word (37K) | PDF (75K)
- Issue Paper #1 – Clock to Credit Hour Conversion MS Word (33K) | PDF (96K)
- Issue Paper #2 – State Authorization Distance Education MS Word (30K) | PDF (93K)
- Issue Paper #3 – State Authorization Foreign Locations MS Word (29K) | PDF (24K)
- Issue Paper #4 – Cash Management MS Word (42K) | PDF (102K)
- Issue Paper #5 – Retaking Coursework MS Word (29K) | PDF (91K)
- Issue Paper #6 – Definition of Adverse Credit for Direct PLUS Loan Eligibility MS Word (37K) | PDF (86K)
Materials provided by the Department to the negotiating committee at Session 1:
Materials provided by non-Federal negotiators to the negotiating committee at Session 1:
- State Authorization background Web site links, submitted by Russel Poulin, February 19, 2014 MS Word (25K) | PDF (185K)
- Definitions, submitted by Paul Kundert, February 20, 2014 MS Word (24K) | PDF (101K)
- Safeguarding Student Finances: Guidance for Campuses Offering Student Debit Card Options, submitted by Joan Piscitello, February 20, 2014 PDF (103K)
- State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) General Policies, submitted by Russel Poulin, February 20, 2014 PDF (754K)
- State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) Information Sheet, submitted by Russel Poulin, February 20, 2014 PDF (325K)
- Student Refunds and Personal Banking at Colleges and Universities, submitted by Casey McGuane, February 20, 2014 PDF (622K)