On March 23, 2010, the Department published in the Federal Register a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM). Through this NPRM, the Secretary proposes to amend current regulations, and establish new regulations, for the High School Equivalency Program and College Assistance Migrant Program (HEP and CAMP); the Federal TRIO programs (TRIO Programs--Training Program for Federal TRIO Programs (Training), Talent Search (TS), Educational Opportunity Centers (EOC), Upward Bound (UB), Student Support Services (SSS), and the Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Achievement (McNair) Programs; and the Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Program (GEAR UP) program.
- February 18-20, 2009
- Organizational Protocols: MS Word (38K) | PDF (23K)
- Agenda: MS Word (31K) | PDF (20K)
- Issue Papers - TRIO: MS Word (45K) | PDF (36K)
- Issue Papers - GEAR UP: MS Word (42K) | PDF (43K)
- Issue Papers - Migrant Education: MS Word (33K) | PDF (17K)
- March 25-March 27, 2009
- Issue Papers - TRIO: MS Word (78K) | PDF (395K)
- Issue Papers - GEAR UP: MS Word (51K) | PDF (33K)
- Issue Papers - Migrant Education: MS Word (36K) | PDF (22K)
- April 28-April 30, 2009
- Issue Papers - TRIO: MS Word (303K) | PDF (796K)
- Issue Papers - GEAR UP: MS Word (116K) | PDF (500K)
- Issue Papers - Migrant Education: MS Word (64K) | PDF (269K)
All meetings were held at the Department of Education, 8th Floor Conference Center, 1990 K Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20006.
On December 31, 2008, the Department published a notice in the Federal Register announcing its intent to establish five negotiated rulemaking committees for higher education. This notice summarizes the issues each team will address. See Notice Of Establishment of Negotiated Rulemaking Committees.