State tables (last updated 11/19/2018) are available for the FY 2017 Appropriation, and FY 2018 and FY 2019 estimates.
Fiscal years 2017 and 2018 are based on appropriation bills that provided funding under current law.
FY 2017 amounts for the following program are final.
- Supporting Effective Instruction State Grants
- Neglected and Delinquent Children and Youth Education
- State Assessments
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Special Education Grants to States
- Career and Technical Education State Grants
- Adult Basic and Literacy Education State Grants
- English Literacy and Civics Education State Grants
Funds included in the State-by-State tables are for agency programs that allocate funds to States or local educational agencies using statutory formulas. The totals do not reflect all Department of Education funds that a State receives. States and other entities may also receive Department funds awarded on a competitive basis. These tables also include financial support from selected student aid programs that provide funds to postsecondary institutions located in the State, as well as the new federally supported loans made to students attending postsecondary institutions located in the State.
Each of the State tables by State shows subtotals for:
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act programs;
- All elementary and secondary education programs;
- Postsecondary education programs;
- Rehabilitative services and disability research programs; and
- Student loan volume.
The data on these tables are for information purposes only and do not constitute any binding agreement on behalf of the U.S. Department of Education.
- State tables by program in PDF [437KB] and MS Excel [329KB]
- State tables by State in PDF [804KB] and MS Excel [520KB]
Updating the State tables The State tables are posted and updated as a package, rather than on an individual basis. As a result, changes are not necessarily made to every program and/or every State each time the tables are updated. Major updates normally are posted for significant milestones in the appropriations process, such as the President's Budget Request and enactment of an appropriation. Major changes also are made when final allocations occur for the Elementary and Secondary Education Act programsusually in July. In addition, routine updates are performed each month, as needed, and typically reflect only minor changes.
For further information contact the ED Budget Service.