State tables are available for FY 2021 actual, and 2022 and 2023 estimates.
Fiscal years 2021 and 2022 are based on enacted appropriations bills that provided discretionary funding for Department of Education programs.
FY 2021 amounts for the following programs are final.
- Supporting Effective Instruction State Grants
- Neglected and Delinquent Children and Youth Education
- State Assessments
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Special Education Grants to States
- Career and Technical Education State Grants
- Adult Basic and Literacy Education State Grants
- English Literacy and Civics Education State Grants
- Special Education-Preschool Grants
- Special Education-Grants for Infants and Families
- Vocational Rehabilitation State Grants
- Indian Education-Grants to Local Educational Agencies
- Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants
Funds included in the State-by-State tables are for agency programs that allocate funds to States or local educational agencies using statutory formulas. The totals do not reflect all Department of Education funds that a State receives. States and other entities may also receive Department funds awarded on a competitive basis. These tables also include financial support from selected student aid programs that provide funds to postsecondary institutions located in the State, as well as the new federally supported loans made to students attending postsecondary institutions located in the State.
The data on these tables are for information purposes only and do not constitute any binding agreement on behalf of the U.S. Department of Education.
Updating the State tables The State tables are posted and updated as a package, rather than on an individual basis. As a result, changes are not necessarily made to every program and/or every State each time the tables are updated. Major updates normally are posted for significant milestones in the appropriations process, such as the President's Budget Request and enactment of an appropriation. Major changes also are made when final allocations occur for certain formula grant programsusually in July and October.
For further information contact the ED Budget Service.
*The Department of Education strives to make all content accessible to everyone. While this document does not currently meet the standards of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, OPEPD/BPCD is working to create an accessible version. If you need access to this content before the accessible version is available, please contact the Information Technology Accessibility Program Help Desk at ITAPSupport@ed.gov to help facilitate..