Department Boards and Committees
From time to time the U.S. Department of Education receives inquires related to the Department’s Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) boards/committees or other committees. See the list below of advisory boards/committees and other groups.
Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) Boards/Committes
Through the enactment of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) (P.L. 92-463, as amended; 5 U.S.C. App.), the U. S. Congress formally recognized the merits of seeking the advice and assistance of our nation's citizens.
- President's Board of Advisors on Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Presidential Advisory Commission on Advancing Educational Equity, Excellence and Economic Opportunity for Black Americans
- Presidential Advisory Commission on Advancing Educational Equity, Excellence and Economic Opportunity for Hispanics
- Historically Black College and University Capital Financing Advisory Board
- National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity
- National Advisory Council on Indian Education
- National Board for Education Sciences
- Commission on Presidential Scholars
- National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation
Independent Organizations Affiliated with the Department of Education
- National Assessment Governing Board (NAGB)
For Questions Related to Boards and Committees for the U.S. Department of Education Contact:
U.S. Department of Educartion
Office of the Secretary/Committee Management Office
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202
For detailed information on budget, charters, members, accomplishments, meetings, and reports for all government advisory committees, go to the GSA FACA (Federal Advisory Committee Act) Database.