Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR)
IES SBIR Product Video Demonstrations
The Product Video Demonstrations page provides short video demonstrations of education technology products developed with funding from the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program in the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) within the U.S. Department of Education (ED). The videos showcase the features and components of the products, and describe their application in schools and classrooms with students and teachers.
Institute of Education Sciences SBIR Success Stories
The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program at the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) in the U.S. Department of Education provides funding to small businesses to translate their innovative ideas into commercial products that address educational problems. Highlights of successful IES SBIR projects are summarized below. These products: (a) have been disseminated or commercialized in the private marketplace, (b) are in use by students and teachers on a widespread basis, and (c) have a viable mechanism in place to enable continued commercial success. As well, many of these firms and their research partners authored peer-reviewed publications documenting the research conducted in the development and validation of the product, and many earned industry awards and recognition for innovation. As more projects reach commercialization, publish research, and win industry awards, their success stories will be added to this collection.
- Agile Mind: Agile Mind Visualizations
- Children's Progress, Inc.: The Children's Progress Academic Assessment
- Filament Games: Game-enhanced Interactive Life Science (GILS)
- Fluidity Software: FluidMath and FluidMath Online Professional Development (OPD)
- Handhold Adaptive: iPrompts
- Mindset Works: The Mindset Works SchoolKit
- Nimble Assessment Systems, Inc.: Nimbletools
- Quantum Simulations, Inc.: Quantum Math and Chemistry Tutors
- Sokikom: Sokikom
- thereNow, Inc.: IRIS Classroom Observation Platform