Application for Eligibility
You must be designated an eligible institution before applying for funding under this program. The latest application to request designation as an eligible institution and to request a waiver of the non-federal cost share requirement is available.
- FY 2014 Application to Request Designation as an Eligible Institution
Closing Date: March 7, 2014
Federal Register Notice dated January 13, 2014 | [PDF]
Information for Grant Funding
Last competition: FY 2011
Deadline for transmitting applications: April 25, 2011
Federal Register Notice
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards Using FY 2010 Funds dated February 23, 2011.
The FY 2011 competition for this program closed on April 25, 2011. Applications are currently being processed. The archived application below should be used for reference only. Some of the forms may be found in the forms library.
Tips and Assistance
Tips for submitting applications electronically through Grants.gov:
- Begin the Grants.gov registration process as soon as possible. Register early: preferably at least five days before the deadline.
- Download and review the application instructions from Grants.gov.
- Complete the application package according to the application instructions.
- Review and verify all program assurances and certifications.
- Verify on Grants.gov that registration is complete and that your Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) status is approved if you are the submitter.
- Submit your application early, ensuring sufficient time for the Grants.gov validation process.
- Verify your submission through the Grants.gov Web site.
Dr. Katie Blanding, Team Leader
Telephone: (202) 502-7049
Telephone: (202) 502-7616
U.S. Department of Education, OPE
Higher Education Programs, Institutional Services
PBI Competitive Grants Program
1990 K Street, N.W., 6th Floor
Mail Stop K-OPE-6-6055
Washington, DC 20006
Telephone: (202) 502-7777
Fax: (202) 502-7861
If you use a TDD, call the FRS, toll-free, at 1-800-877-8339.