Application for Eligibility
You must be designated an eligible institution before applying for funding under this program. The latest application to request designation as an eligible institution and to request a waiver of the non-federal cost share requirement is available. Please note the closing date(s) and refer to the Federal Register Notice.
Information for Grant Funding
Current competition: FY 2015
Deadline for transmitting applications: July 2, 2015
Federal Register Notice
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for FY 2015 dated May 18, 2015 | PDF
All applicants are required to submit an application online through Grants.gov. Grants.gov is a single access point for over 1,000 grant programs offered by federal and other grant-making agencies.
It is strongly recommended that potential applicants familiarize themselves with the Grants.gov Web site and complete the required registration well before the closing date. You can begin the registration process before the application is published on Grants.gov or while you are filling out the application. However, registration must be completed before you can submit your completed package.
Applicants who are unable to submit an application through the Grants.gov system may submit a written request for a waiver of the electronic submission requirement. See the Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for additional details on requesting a waiver.
Page limits and acceptable fonts for grant applications. Please refer to the Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for page limits and font types an applicant may use when submitting grant applications for this competition.
If you use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD) or a text telephone (TTY), call the Federal Relay Service (FRS), toll free, at 1-800-877-8339.
Tips and Assistance
Tips for submitting applications electronically through Grants.gov:
- Begin the Grants.gov registration process as soon as possible. Register early: preferably at least five days before the deadline.
- Download and review the application instructions from Grants.gov.
- Complete the application package according to the application instructions.
- Review and verify all program assurances and certifications.
- Verify on Grants.gov that registration is complete and that your Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) status is approved if you are the submitter.
- Submit your application early, ensuring sufficient time for the Grants.gov validation process.
- Verify your submission through the Grants.gov Web site.
Telephone: (202) 502-7616
U.S. Department of Education, OPE
Higher Education Programs, Institutional Services
PBI Competitive Grants Program
1990 K Street, N.W., 6th Floor
Mail Stop K-OPE-6-6055
Washington, DC 20006
Telephone: (202) 502-7777
Fax: (202) 502-7861