Program Office: Institutional Service
CFDA Number: 84.031X; 84.382C
Program Type: Discretionary/Competitive Grants
Also Known As: NASNTI Program
This program provides grants and related assistance to Native American-serving, nontribal institutions to enable such institutions to improve and expand their capacity to serve Native Americans and low-income individuals.
This Web site provides information on the Native American-serving Nontribal Institutions Program authorized by the Higher Education Opportunity Act, 2008 (HEA, Title III, Part A, Section 319; CFDA# 84.031X) as well as the Native American-serving Nontribal Institutions Program Program originally authorized by the College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007 (HEA, Title III, Part F, Section 371; CFDA# 84.382C).
Types of Projects
Grants awarded under this section shall be used by Native American nontribal-serving institutions to assist such institutions to plan, develop, undertake, and carry out activities to improve and expand such institutions’ capacity to serve Native Americans and low-income individuals.
Types of projects may include:
- Purchase, rental, or lease of scientific or laboratory equipment for educational purposes, including instructional and research purposes;
- Renovation and improvement in classroom, library, laboratory, and other instructional facilities;
- Support of faculty exchanges, and faculty development and faculty fellowships to assist in attaining advanced degrees in the faculty’s field of instruction;
- Curriculum development and academic instruction;
- Purchase of library books, periodicals, microfilm, and other educational
- Funds and administrative management, and acquisition of equipment for use in strengthening funds management;
- Joint use of facilities such as laboratories and libraries;
- Academic tutoring and counseling programs and student support services; and
- Education or counseling services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy of students or the students’ families.