There are two application processes for this program -- one for eligibility and one for grant funding.
FY 2013 Application for Eligibility
You must be designated an eligible institution before applying for funding under this program. The FY 2013 application to request designation as an eligible institution and to request a waiver of the non-federal cost share requirement is available.
- FY 2013 Application to Request Designation as an Eligible Institution
Closing Dates: January 30, 2013 and March 4, 2013
Federal Register Notice dated November 14, 2012
Information for Grant Funding
Last competition: Title III, Part F - CFDA# 84.382C
Application available: April 14, 2011
Deadline for transmitting applications: May 31, 2011
Federal Register Notice
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards Using FY 2010 Funds dated April 14, 2011 | PDF
Please note that the most recent grant competition for this program was FY 2011 which closed on May 31, 2011. Applications were submitted through Grants.gov. The archived application below should be used for reference only.
Tips and Assistance
Tips for submitting applications electronically through Grants.gov:
- Begin the Grants.gov registration process as soon as possible. Register early: preferably at least five days before the deadline.
- Download and review the application instructions from Grants.gov.
- Complete the application package according to the application instructions.
- Review and verify all program assurances and certifications.
- Verify on Grants.gov that registration is complete and that your Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) status is approved if you are the submitter.
- Submit your application early, ensuring sufficient time for the Grants.gov validation process.
- Verify your submission through the Grants.gov Web site.
Telephone: (202) 219-7012
U.S. Department of Education, OPE
1990 K Street N.W., Room 6062
Washington, DC 20006-8500
Main Telephone: (202) 502-7777
Fax: (202) 502-7861
If you use a TDD, call the FRS, toll-free, at 1-800-877-8339.