Title III Part A Programs - Strengthening Institutions
Information for Grant Funding
Competitions are generally held every other year.
Next competition: FY 2017
FY 2017 Competition Schedule (Estimated): Please note that in Fiscal Year 2017, SIP will have two competitions -- a regular competition (84.031A) and a competition (84.031F) that requires applicants to meet the requirement for moderate evidence of effectiveness.
- Estimated date for Notices Inviting Applications (NIAs) to be published in the Federal Register: January 13, 2017
- Estimated dates to conduct pre-application webinars/workshops: January18, 2017 and February 1, 2017
- Estimated closing date: March 13, 2017
- Estimated date to request peer reviewer availability: February 2017
- Estimated dates for panel review: April 13 – May 4, 2017
- Estimated dates for awards to be made: August 15 – 18, 2017
All dates listed above are best estimates to help applicants prepare for the competition process. Dates are not final.
Last competition: FY 2015. Application deadline: June 8, 2015.
Federal Register Notice
- Notice Inviting Applications for New Awards for FY 2015 dated April 23, 2015 | PDF
Please note that the FY 2015 competition for the Strengthening Institutions Program (SIP) is closed. The archived application package below is for reference only. If some or all of the forms required to complete the packages are not available in this document, forms may be found in the forms library.
- FY 2015 Archived SIP Application Package: MS Word (1.54MB)
Tips and Assistance
Once the program has dates for the FY 2017 competition, webinar and other information will be posted on this site.
Nalini Lamba-Nieves, (202) 453-7953
Pearson Owens, (202) 453-7997
U.S. Department of Education, OPE
Title III Part A Programs, Strengthening Institutions
400 Maryland Avenue, S.W.
Mail Stop LBJ 4-4C140
Washington, DC 20202
If you use a TDD or a TTY, call the Federal Relay Service, toll free, at 1-800-877-8339.Top
Application for Eligibility
You must be designated an eligible institution before applying for funding under this program. The latest application to request designation as an eligible institution and to request a waiver of the non-federal cost share requirement is available. Please note the closing date(s) and refer to the Federal Register Notice.Top