The Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) is responsible for ensuring states' compliance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). IDEA guarantees the free appropriate public education (FAPE) of children with disabilities in the least restrictive environment (LRE). To assist states in meeting the needs of students with disabilities, OSEP has developed a continuous improvement monitoring process.
- State Formula Grants and ARRA Grants
- State Performance Plan (SPP) and Annual Performance Reports (APR)
- Continuous Improvement Visit Letters, State Monitoring Reports and Fiscal Monitoring Letters
- OSEP Memos, Dear Colleague Letters and Policy Letters
- State Maintenance of Financial Support Waivers under Part B
- OSEP/MSIP (Monitoring and State Improvement Planning Division) State Contacts