Gainful Employment Administrative Records
Certified Administrative Record filed in Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities v. Arne Duncan and the United States Department of Education, Case No. 11-CV-01314.
FOIA e-Reading Room
Frequently Requested Information
The Department of Education's website provides ready access to a rich variety of information immediately-without a FOIA request. Items for which multiple FOIA requests have been (or are likely to be) received can be found below.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA)
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Recovery Act) was signed into law by President Obama on February 17th, 2009. The ARRA has made it clear that every taxpayer dollar spent on our economic recovery must be subject to unprecedented levels of transparency and accountability. More detailed information regarding the distribution of funds through the ARRA can be found on the Recovery Act homepage.
The grant applications posted in the E-FOIA Reading Room are provided as a courtesy. Because the documents have been produced by entities outside of the U.S. Department of Education who are not subject to the Department's standards for the accessibility of documents posted on the Internet, this material may not be accessible to individuals with disabilities.
In addition, the process of redaction and image scanning may further hamper the accessibility of these documents.
If you need assistance with these documents, please contact the FOIA team by email at EDFOIAManager@ed.gov or call 202-401-8365.
- Federal Student Aid
- Office for Civil Rights
- Office of the Chief Financial Officer
- Office of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Model Applications
- Smaller Learning Communities
- Magnet Schools Assistance Program
- Early Reading First Grants
- Office of English Language Acquisition
- Foreign Language Assistance Program LEA Grants
- Native American and Alaska Native Children in School Program Grants
- Office of Innovation and Improvement
- Charter Schools Program
- Full Service Community Schools Program
- Investing in Innovation Fund (I3)
- Teaching American History
- Office of Postsecondary Education
- Strengthening Institutions Grants
- Teacher Quality Grants
- Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE)
- Institute of Education Sciences
- Math and Science Grants
- Predoctoral Interdisciplinary Research Training Grants
- Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems Grants
- Regional Educational Laboratory Grants