The Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSI) Division provides grant funding to institutions of higher education to assist with strengthening institutional programs, facilities, and services to expand the educational opportunities for Hispanic Americans and other underrepresented populations.
The HSI Division manages three grant programs:
- Developing Hispanic-Serving Institutions (DHSI) – Title V, Part A
- Promoting Postbaccalaureate Opportunities for Hispanic Americans (PPOHA) – Title V, Part B
- Hispanic-Serving Institutions Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics and Articulation (HSI STEM) – Title III, Part F
News and Information
The Department will hold a new Promoting Postbaccalaureate Opportunities for Hispanic Americans (PPOHA) grant competition in fiscal year (FY) 2014. Institutions planning to submit an application under the PPOHA competition, when it is announced, will be required to submit an application for eligibility when that process is reopened.
Institutions that have already established their eligibility under the recently closed eligibility process for FY 2014, will not have to submit new applications for eligibility.
Please pay attention to information on the Hispanic-Serving Institutions Division’s Web site for additional information concerning this competition. The official announcement for eligibility and the PPOHA competition will be published in the Federal Register.
- The FY 2014 Designation of Eligibility application for Title III and Title V programs is available. Application available: January 13, 2014. Application deadline: March 7, 2014. Webinar Schedule: MS Word (38K) | PDF (197K). Slide Presentation: MS PowerPoint (996K) | PDF (327K).
- Read and subscribe to the HSI Division’s newsletter
HSI Division Director (Acting) - Ralph Hines
(202) 502-7618, firstname.lastname@example.org