Vocational/ Work Force Readiness Project Examples
Achievers International Exporting Success
UK based international trade program for students of all ages and abilities. Students form a company and trade products with their foreign partner school(s). Emphasizes modern technology through the use of e-mail, video-conferencing and on-line training materials.
- Age Level: 6 to 25 years old
- End Product(s) for Students: Demonstration of a variety of technology skills (email, WWW research, problem solving interaction, etc.). Demonstration of cross cultural awareness, respect, and appreciation. Partner schools form companies and work together to import and export articles for sale. Making students aware that they can run their own business and self-employment is a viable option for their future
- Timeline/Schedule: Program restarts annually (usually August to May)
- Webpage: http://www.achieversinternational.org/
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level of Technology Used: Video Conferencing, Email, IRC or Other Real-Time Chat
- Supporting Organization: Achievers International Ltd.
- Longevity: 3 years
- Languages for Communication: Achievers International is currently an English speaking program, but developments over the next two years will see it transferred into Spanish and German.
Currency, Money and the Barter System
In this project you will be learning about how students use currency around the world and you will compare the values of money, goods and services while sharing ideas and collaborating on a project that looks at the history and value of money from around the world. This project includes the design of a "kid currency" to teach each other's epals about their own national history and landmarks.
- Age Level: 5-17 years old
- End Product(s) for Students: Survey and results.
- Timeline/Schedule: Ongoing, student involvement 3-4 weeks
- Webpage: http://www.epals.com/projects/currency/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Level of Technology Used: e-mail, discussion boards, WWW
- Supporting Organization: ePALS Classroom Exchange
- Languages for Communication: available in English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Japanese, and Chinese. ePALS also offers email with built-in language translation (16 language pairs)