These commissioned reports were written by independent researchers and evaluators. These studies examine different aspects of career and technical education in the United States, such as student outcomes and the implementation of career and technical education programs. The supplemental reports are source materials for the National Assessment of Career and Technical Education.
- Betts, Julian R., Andrew Zau, John McAdams, and Dallas Dotter. An Evaluation of the Outcomes of Career and Technical Education in San Diego Unified School District: A Quantitative Study (2014)
- Bozick, Robert, and Ben Dalton. Career and Technical Education and Academic Progress at the End of High School: Evidence from the Education Longitudinal Study of 2002 (2013)
- Dalton, Ben, Erich Lauff, Robin Henke, Martha Alt, and Xiaojie Li. From Track to Field: Trends in Career and Technical Education Across Three Decades (2013)
- Jacobson, Louis, and Christine Mokher. Florida Study of Career and Technical Education (2014)
- Klein, Steven, Amanda Richards Sheil, Robin White, Sandra Staklis, Corinne Alfeld, Caitlin Rose Dailey, Ivan Charner, and Anne Poliakoff. Evaluation of the Implementation of the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006: Finance, Accountability, and Programs of Study (2014)
- Neild, Ruth, Christopher Boccanfuso, and Vaughan Byrnes. The Academic Impacts of Career and Technical Schools: A Case Study of a Large Urban School District (2013)
- Neild, Ruth, and Vaughan Byrnes. Impacts of Career and Technical Schools on Postsecondary Outcomes: A Case Study of a Large Urban School District (2014)