A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
Helping Your Child Learn Geography - October 1996
- Backler, Alan; and Stoltman, Joseph.
- "The Nature of Geographic Literacy." ERIC Digest (no. 35). Bloomington, IN. 1986.
- Blaga, Jeffrey J.; and others.
- Geographic Review of Our World: A Daily Five-Minute Geography Program for Grades 3-11. GROW Publications. Racine WI. 1987.
- Department of Education and Science.
- Geography from 5 to 16. HMSO Books. London. 1986.
- Duea, Joan; and others.
- Maps and Globes: An Instructional Unit for Elementary Grades. University of Northern Iowa. Cedar Falls, IA. 1985.
- Geographic Education National Implementation Project.
- Walter G. Kemball (chair). K-6 Geography: Themes, Key Ideas, and Learning Opportunities. National Council for Geographic Education. Western Illinois University. Macomb, IL. 1984.
- Geography Education Standards Project.
- Geography for Life: National Geography Standards, 1994. National Geographic Research & Exploration. Washington, DC. 1994.
- Hoehn, Ann.
- "Helping Children Get Their Hands on Geography" (unpublished activity guide). Milaca Public Schools. Milaca, MN. 1988.
- Joint Committee on Geographic Education.
- Guidelines for Geographic Education, Elementary and Secondary Schools. Association of American Geographers and National Council for Geographic Education. Washington, DC. 1984.
- National Assessment of Educational Progress.
- NAEP 1994 Geography Report Card. U.S. Government Printing Office. Washington, DC. 1996.
- National Council for the Social Studies.
- Strengthening Geography in the Social Studies, Bulletin 81. Salvatore J. Natoli (ed.). Washington, DC. 1988.
- National Geographic Society.
- "Geography: Making Sense of Where We Are." Geography Education Program. Washington, DC. 1988.
- Wilson-Jones, Ruth Anne.
- "Geography and Young Children: Help Give Them the World" (unpublished paper). LaGrange, GA. 1988.
- Salter, Christopher L.; and others.
- Key to the National Geography Standards. National Geographic Society. Washington, DC. 1994.
[3 Different Maps of Salt Lake City, Utah]
[What Does Your Fourth-Grader Know?]