Transition and Postsecondary Programs for Students with Intellectual Disabilities
We are pleased to announce that the U.S. Department of Education’s (the Department) Office of Postsecondary Education, Higher Education Programs, is recruiting peer reviewers to evaluate applications for the fiscal year (FY) 2015 Model Comprehensive Transition and Postsecondary Programs for Students with Intellectual Disabilities (TPSID) program.
WHO: The Department is interested in peer reviewers from various backgrounds and professions including: college and university educators and administrators; experience in working with students from special populations--specifically students with intellectual disabilities, postsecondary education project evaluators; curriculum development specialists, and others with higher education expertise.
Reviewers will be selected on the following basis:
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with students with intellectual disabilities;
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with Local Education Agencies(LEAs)/State Education Agencies (SEAs)/Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies, other organizations and/or community partners who provide transition services to students with intellectual disabilities;
- Knowledge and/or experience in providing technical assistance to faculty/staff/administrators/educators who work with students with intellectual disabilities;
- Knowledge and experience in working in K-12+ environments that provide a focus on the academic enrichment, socialization, independent living skills, and integrated work experiences and career skills for students with intellectual disabilities;
- Experience in project evaluation of postsecondary programs;
- Availability to serve for the duration of the 2015 TPSID program peer review process. The TPSID/TPSID-CC peer review dates are tentatively set for August 5-19, 2015.
IF INTERESTED: If you would like to be considered as a peer reviewer, please access the Department of Education's G5 System at www.G5.gov to register yourself (or to update your profile) in our online peer reviewer database. When accessing the "Reviewer Specialization Information" page in the G5 system, select the “Preferences” tab, and use the dropdown list to choose "OPE-84.407A or 84.407B." This step helps us to identify peer reviewers interested in evaluating and scoring applications for the TPSID Program. The online registration requires you to submit your resume; please ensure your resume (maximum of three pages) includes a brief list of career highlights and/or outlines your specific expertise. Please make sure your resume does not exceed three pages.
The Department thanks you in advance for your interest in reviewing for this program.