FY2001 Grant Awards
Under section 207 of the Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Technical Education Act, the Secretary competitively awarded grants to consortia of local education agencies, institutions of higher education, and business to carry out tech-prep education programs that involve the location of a secondary school on the site of a community college. Congress appropriated $5 million for the program for FY 2001.
A notice soliciting applications for funding was published in the Federal Register on July 9, 2001. A total of 129 applications were submitted. Nine (9) applications were selected for funding.
See further information on this program in the Guide to Education Programs.
The FY2001 grants were awarded to:
- Ventura County Community College District (Moorpark College), Moorpark, CA
- Florida Community College at Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
- Polk Community College, Winter Haven, FL
- Anoka-Hennepin Independent School District #11, Coon Rapids, MN
- State Fair Community College, Sedalia, MO
- Lehigh Carbon Community College, Schnecksville, PA
- Nashville State Technical Institute, Nashville, TN
- Community Colleges of Spokane, Spokane, WA
- Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, WI