Coordination Program Technology Grants for Migrant Education
Explores how to use technology to combat the problems of disruption, lack of resources, and language difficulty that traditionally plague children in migrant worker families.
- Expands access to technology centers in low-income communities.
- Supports partnerships of colleges, universities, business, community organizations, or other entities that deliver quality postsecondary distance education.
- Helps ensure that tomorrow's teachers are prepared to integrate technology effectively into the curriculum and to use the new teaching and learning styles enabled by technology.
- Awards grants to telecommunications partnerships to operate Star Schools projects that deliver distance education courses and services. Partnerships include local school districts, state departments of education, public broadcasting entities, and other public and private organizations.
- Provides funding to help states and school districts develop and implement plans to meet the four national educational technology goals.
Department of Education Technology Services for Educators
Part of the Department's Regional Educational Laboratory Program. A special focus of AEL's efforts is emerging technologies and their specific educational applications, including the potential to impact student learning and address equity issues.
North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL)
Part of the Department's Regional Educational Laboratory Program. A special focus of NCREL's efforts is on supporting the effective integration of technology into teaching and learning.
Regional Technology in Education Consortia
Helps teachers and others integrate advanced technologies into classrooms.
State Technology Offices and Officers
Provides alphabetic listing of links to state technology offices and officers.