Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR)
Who May Apply: (specifically)
- Entity must qualify as a small business concern at the time of award.
- Small business concerns must meet certain eligibility criteria to participate:
- The company is at least 51% American-owned and independently operated;
- The small business concern is located in the U.S.;
- It is for-profit and employs no more than 500 employees; and,
- The principal researcher's primary employment is with the small business during the project.
- Joint ventures are permitted, provided that the business entity created qualifies as a small business in accordance with the Small Business Act, 15 U.S.C. 631.
Last Modified: 04/01/2015