Vocational Rehabilitation State Grants
The following documents are standard attachments to a Grant Award Notification (GAN).
- RSA-1 – Carry-over requirements for formula programs (PDF 42KB)
- RSA-2 – Program income for formula programs (PDF 17KB)
- RSA-3 – Prohibition against subgranting for formula programs (PDF 22KB)
- RSA-4 – Treatment of indirect costs for purchased services (PDF 28KB)
- RSA-6 – Specific Grant Terms and Conditions for Performance and Financial Reports (PDF 114KB )
- RSA-VR-1 – Pre-employment transition services (PDF 46KB)
Here are other resources for this program.
- Performance Accountability Overview for Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies
RSA has developed a training curriculum which provides an overview of the joint guidance issued in Technical Assistance Circulars TAC-17-01 and TAC-17-04. This curriculum contains seven independent modules that provide information on the key terms outlined in section 116 of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) as well as the six performance accountability indicators: Employment 2nd Quarter after Exit, Employment 4th Quarter after Exit, Median Earnings 2nd Quarter after Exit, Credential Attainment, Measurable Skill Gains, and Effectiveness of Serving Employers. It also provides an overview of supplemental wage guidance issued in TAC-17-04. Contact RSAData@ed.gov with any questions or comments about the training.
- Youth Pathways to Post-Secondary and Employment website
This website brings together five different National Youth-Focused Training and Technical Assistance Centers, funded by the US Department of Education’s Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) and Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP), as well as the US Department of Labor’s Office of Disability and Employment Policy (ODEP). These five centers are working together to provide technical assistance and training to state/local agencies and programs to build successful pathways to postsecondary education and employment opportunities for youth and students with disabilities.
- A Better Bottom Line: Employing People with Disabilities
Blueprint for Governors. A 2013 report by the National Governors Association (NGA).
- Federal Employment Resources
As the Nation's largest employer, the Federal Government is actively recruiting and hiring persons with disabilities into a variety of exciting jobs with competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and opportunities for career advancement. The resources provide quick and efficient access to information and technical assistance related to the employment of individuals with disabilities within the Federal Government.
- Fiscal Resources
Resources providing guidance on fiscal matters related to the Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program.
- Orientation & Technical Assistance Guide for State Vocational Rehabilitation Directors
The Orientation Guide is provided to support new state vocational rehabilitation (VR) directors in the important work of administering federal programs within your state funded under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, including the Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program, the Supported Employment Program, the State Independent Living Services Program, and the Independent Living Services for Older Individuals who are Blind Program. RSA developed this guide to provide quick and efficient access to information and technical assistance resources related to the administration of these programs.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Needs Assessment Guide
The Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Needs Assessment Guide and its Appendices provide state VR agencies and State Rehabilitation Councils (SRC) with fundamental tools necessary to meet the requirements of a fully developed comprehensive statewide needs assessment (CSNA).
(March 8, 2017)
Last Modified: 08/23/2017