Skip Program Navigation
Rural Postsecondary & Economic Development (RPED) Program

Current Section  Eligibility
 Office of Postsecondary Education Home

Who May Apply:

Public and private nonprofit institutions of higher education (IHEs), as defined in section 101 of the HEA, with enrollment of at least 30 percent of students who attended high schools located in rural areas*, and public and private non-profit organizations and agencies that partner with institutions of higher education (IHE’s).

* Rural area means an area that is characterized by locale code 41, 42, or 43. Please refer to the NCES locale lookup map:

Last Modified: 11/17/2021