The Higher Education Act requires that the Secretary consult with federal agency heads in order to receive recommendations regarding areas of national need for expertise in foreign languages and world regions.
Areas of national need identified by the Secretary, consisting of priority languages that are less commonly taught and the world regions - Consultation with Federal Agencies on Areas of National Need
- Title VI, Part A, Section 602(a) of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended
- 20 USC Section 1122 and Sections 1132-1137
- 34 CFR 655 and 34 CFR 656
- Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR), Parts 75, 76, 77, 79, 82, 84, 86, 97, 98, and 99
- The Office of Management and Budget Guidelines to Agencies on Governmentwide Debarment and Suspension (Nonprocurement) in 2 CFR part 180, as adopted and amended as regulations of the Department in 2 CFR part 3485.
- The Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards in 2 CFR part 200, as adopted and amended as regulations of the Department in 2 CFR part 3474.