The link to the Every Student Succeeds Act amendments to the Education for Homeless Children and Youth program that took effect on October 1, 2016 can be found below.
Additional information and resources can be found at ED's National Center for Homeless Education (NCHE) Technical Assistance Center website:http://nche.ed.gov
- Non-regulatory Guidance, Updated August 2018
- Homeless Student Guidance Fact Sheet (for LEA personnel)
- Public Notice to Federal Agencies and their Local Grant Recipients of the Educational Rights of Homeless Children and Youth
- Determining McKinney-Vento Program Eligibility
- Federal Register Notice (March 17, 2016) - McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children and Youths Program
- August 14, 2015 - Letter from the Office of Safe and Healthy Students Director to the Education for Homeless Children and Youths State Coordinators and Title 1 State Directors