Grants for Individuals


The Department of Education has few grants that individuals can apply for directly.

We also administer programs—mostly in higher education—that are awarded to institutions, that then award funds to individuals. Some of these are:

You need to complete the FAFSA to be eligible for these three programs.

Individual college students are also eligible for:

Apply for them by completing the FAFSA.

Grants for Individuals

Fulbright-Hays Seminars Abroad—Bilateral Projects

Fulbright-Hays—Group Projects Abroad Program

Last Modified: 10/10/2017