Supporting Effective Educator Development Grant Program
Please visit our new website at: https://innovation.ed.gov/what-we-do/teacher-quality/supporting-effective-educator-development-grant-program/.Eligible applicants for the 2017 ESSA SEED competition have been expanded since previous competitions. ESSA allows the following entity types to apply for a SEED grant. Please see the NIA for additional eligibility information, program requirements, and definitions.
Who may apply:
- an institution of higher education that provides course materials or resources that are evidence-based in increasing academic achievement, graduation rates, or rates of postsecondary education matriculation;
- a national nonprofit entity with a demonstrated record of raising student academic achievement, graduation rates, and rates of higher education attendance, matriculation, or completion, or of effectiveness in providing preparation and professional development activities and programs for teachers, principals, or other school leaders;
- the Bureau of Indian Education; or
- a partnership consisting of—
- 1 or more entities described in paragraph (1) or (2); and
- a for-profit entity.
Last Modified: 10/13/2017