Asian American and Pacific Islander Data Disaggregation Initiative
Timeline for Competition
Application Available: May 4, 2016
Deadline for Notice of Intent to Apply: May 24, 2016 Applicants are strongly encouraged to notify us of their intent to submit an application for funding by emailing OELA.D2@ed.gov (mail to: OELA.D2@ed.gov) with the subject line “Intent to Apply” and include in the content of the email the following information: (1) the applicant organizations name and address, (2) the absolute preference priority, and (3) whether the applicant plans to address the invitational priority.
Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: August 1, 2016 at 4:30:00 pm (EDT)
The Department of Education is pleased to announce the deadline for submitting applications for the Data Disaggregation Initiative (D2) has been extended to August 1, 2016.
The D2 program will provide grants to State educational agencies in consortia with local educational agencies to obtain and evaluate disaggregated data on English Learners and AAPI subpopulations beyond the existing seven racial and ethnic categories to address achievement and opportunity gaps.
For eligibility requirements see our FAQ’s.
- D2 NOTICE OF INVITING APPLICATIONS (PDF, 226 KB)
- D2 FULL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS (PDF, 369 KB)
- Please note: The D2 Application Instructions are for applicants to download and use as guidance only. Unless the applicant qualifies for an exception to the electronic submission requirement, all D2 grant applications must be submitted electronically via Grants.gov. See the NIA for information about how to submit an application for the D2 competition.
You may download the following required Federal forms:
- ED Form 424--Application for Federal Education Assistance (Form and Instructions)
- ED Supplemental Form for SF 424 (Form and Instructions)
- ED Form 524--Budget Information, Non-Construction Programs
- ED Form 524--Instructions
- Standard Form 424B--Assurances, Non-Construction Programs
- Standard Form LLL--Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
- Grants.Gov - Certification Regarding Lobbying
- General Education Provisions Act (GEPA) Requirements - Section 427
For additional information on the 2016 D2 Competition visit the D2 program page
The D2 Program office hosted a webinar to provide technical assistance to the new grantees. The purpose of the webinar is to provide basic information on grant management oversight and reporting requirements.
Webinar - Grantee Post Award
Date & Time: November 7, 2016, Time: 3:00-4:00pm (EST)
MS PowerPoint (MS Powerpoint, 3.56 MB)