CFDA Number: 84.351D
Program Type: Discretionary/Competitive Grants
Also Known As: Arts Models
The program supports the enhancement, expansion, documentation, evaluation, and dissemination of innovative, cohesive models that demonstrate effectiveness in:
- Integrating into and strengthening arts in the core elementary and middle school curricula;
- Strengthening arts instruction in those grades; and
- Improving students' academic performance, including their skills in creating, performing, and responding to the arts.
Grants are designed to enable LEAs and organizations with arts expertise to further create and develop materials for the replication or adaptation of current comprehensive approaches for integrating a range of arts disciplines-such as music, dance, theater, and visual arts, including folk arts-into the elementary and middle school curricula.
Funds must be used in elementary and/or middle schools to:
- Develop programs designed to expand arts integration into the core curricula, improve arts instruction and academic performance;
- Develop materials designed to help replicate or adapt arts programs;
- Document and assess the results and benefits of arts programs; and
- Develop products and services that can be used to replicate arts programs in other settings.
Applicants must describe an existing set of strategies for integrating the arts into the regular elementary and middle school curricula, which could then successfully be implemented, expanded, documented, evaluated, and disseminated.