- This part may be cited as the 'Dropout Prevention Act'.
- The purpose of this part is to provide for school dropout prevention and reentry and to raise academic achievement levels by providing grants that —
- (1) challenge all children to attain their highest academic potential; and
- (2) ensure that all students have substantial and ongoing opportunities to attain their highest academic potential through schoolwide programs proven effective in school dropout prevention and reentry.
- For the purpose of carrying out this part, there are authorized to be appropriated $125,000,000 for fiscal year 2002 and such sums as may be necessary for each of the 5 succeeding fiscal years, of which —
- (1) 10 percent shall be available to carry out subpart 1 for each fiscal year; and
- (2) 90 percent shall be available to carry out subpart 2 for each fiscal year.
|Previous||Table of Contents||Next|
Last Modified: 09/15/2004