A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
PART C--LEADERSHIP IN EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
SEC. 231. PURPOSES.
- It is the purpose of this part to promote achievement of the National Education Goals and--
- (1) to provide leadership at the Federal level, through the Department of Education, by developing a national vision and strategy--
- (A) to infuse technology and technology planning into all educational programs and training functions carried out within school systems at the State and local level;
- (B) to coordinate educational technology activities among the related Federal and State departments or agencies, industry leaders, and interested educational and parental organizations;
- (C) to establish working guidelines to ensure maximum interoperability nationwide and ease of access for the emerging technologies so that no school system will be excluded from the technological revolution; and
- (D) to ensure that Federal technology-related policies and programs facilitate the use of technology in education;
- (2) to promote awareness of the potential of technology for improving teaching and learning;
- (3) to support State and local efforts to increase the effective use of technology for education;
- (4) to demonstrate ways in which technology can be used to improve teaching and learning, and to help ensure that all students have an equal opportunity to meet State education standards;
- (5) to ensure the availability and dissemination of knowledge (drawn from research and experience) that can form the basis for sound State and local decisions about investment in, and effective uses of, educational technology;
- (6) to promote high-quality professional development opportunities for teachers and administrators regarding the integration of technology into instruction and administration;
- (7) to promote the effective uses of technology in existing Federal education programs, such as chapter 1 of title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 and vocational education programs; and
- (8) to monitor, advancements in technology to encourage the development of effective educational uses of technology.
SEC. 221. EVALUATION.
SEC. 232. FEDERAL LEADERSHIP.