A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
SEC. 218. DIRECTOR AND STAFF; EXPERTS AND CONSULTANTS.
- (a) DIRECTOR.--The Chairperson of the Council shall, without regard to the provisions of title 5, United States Code, relating to the appointment and compensation of officers or employees of the United States, appoint a Director to be paid at a rate not to exceed the rate of basic pay payable for level V of the Executive Schedule.
- (b) APPOINTMENT AND PAY OF EMPLOYEES.--
- (1) IN GENERAL.--
- (A) The Director may appoint not more than four additional employees to serve as staff to the Council without regard to the provisions of title 5, United States Code, governing appointments in the competitive service.
- (B) The employees appointed under subparagraph (A) may be paid without regard to the provisions of chapter 51 and subchapter III of chapter 53 of that title relating to classification and General Schedule pay rates, but shall not be paid a rate that exceeds the maximum rate of basic pay payable for GS-15 of the General Schedule.
- (2) Additional employees.--The Director may appoint additional employees to serve as staff of the Council consistent with title 5, United States Code.
- (c) EXPERTS AND CONSULTANTS.--The Council may procure temporary and intermittent services under section 3019(b) of title 5, United States Code.
- (d) STAFF OF FEDERAL AGENCIES.--Upon the request of the Council, the head of any department or agency of the United States may detail any of the personnel of such department or agency to the Council to assist the Council in its duties under this part.
SEC. 217. ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS.
SEC. 219. OPPORTUNITY-TO-LEARN DEVELOPMENT GRANT.