A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
SEC. 216. PUBLICATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
- (a) TRANSMITTAL.--For the purpose of obtaining public comment through publication in the Federal Register, the Council shall transmit to the Secretary--
- (1) proposed criteria for certifying voluntary national content standards, voluntary national student performance standards, and State content standards and State performance standards;
- (2) proposed criteria for certifying voluntary national opportunity-to-learn standards and State opportunity-to-learn standards;
- (3) proposed criteria for certifying State assessments; and
- (4) proposed voluntary national content standards, voluntary national student performance standards, and voluntary national opportunity-to-learn standards.
- (b) PUBLICATION.--The Secretary shall publish such proposed procedures, standards, and criteria in the Federal Register.
SEC. 215. POWERS OF THE COUNCIL.
SEC. 217. ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS.