Most Popular Content
ED offers three kinds of grants:
- Discretionary grants: awarded using a competitive process.
- Student loans or grants: to help students attend college.
- Formula grants: uses formulas determined by Congress and has no application process.
Discretionary Grants Information
Federal Register Notices: competitions and other announcements
Apply: Deadlines, amounts, applications, more
Pell Grants and Other Student Aid
To get a Pell grant, or other federal aid for college, you must complete the...
Other Grant Information
Grant Policy Documents
- Non-Regulatory Guidance: Using Evidence to Strengthen Education Investments [PDF, 335KB]
- Build America Buy America Waivers
- Use of Department of Education Funds as Matching Funds for AmeriCorps Programs [PDF, 221KB]
- Requesting Reconsideration of Denial of Continuation Award
- Opportunities for Peer Reviewers at the U.S. Department of Education
- How to Be Considered as a Peer Reviewer [PowerPoint, 936KB]
- Returning Interest – G5 Events Page [PDF, 81KB]