|PDF (3 MB)|
Below are links to sources of a wide array of information related to reaching and informing parents and implementing public school choice and SES.
Some of the links below are to Web sites created and maintained by organizations other than the U.S. Department of Education. They are provided for the reader's convenience. The U.S. Department of Education does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of this outside information. Further, the inclusion of links to particular items in hypertext is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to endorse any views expressed or products or services offered on these outside sites, or the organizations sponsoring the sites.
Afterschool Alliance (SES): http://www.afterschoolalliance.org/home.html
American Institutes for Research: http://www.air.org/
- SES in Action: A Toolkit for Parents and Community Leaders: http://www.tutorsforkids.org/documents/
SES_Action_Toolkit_Color_Web_FINAL.pdf. This publication was developed through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
Black Alliance for Educational Options: http://www.baeo.org/
Center on Innovation and Improvement (CII): http://www.centerii.org/index.html
CII, a national content comprehensive center, receives support from the U.S. Department of Education's Comprehensive Centers Program: http://www.ed.gov/programs/newccp/index.html.
Council of Chief State School Officers: http://www.ccsso.org/
Council of the Great City Schools: http://www.cgcs.org/
Education Commission of the States: http://www.ecs.org/
Education Industry Association (SES): http://www.educationindustry.org/
Hispanic Council for Reform and Educational Options: http://www.hcreo.org/
National Coalition for Parent Involvement in Education: http://www.ncpie.org/
U.S. Department of Education: http://www.ed.gov/index.jhtml
- For information on public school choice, see:
- Choice Web site: http://www.ed.gov/nclb/choice/index.html
- Public School Choice Non-Regulatory Guidance: http://www.ed.gov/policy/elsec/
- Creating Strong District School Choice Programs (Innovations in Education series): http://www.ed.gov/admins/comm/choice/
- BuildingChoice.org: http://www.buildingchoice.org
- Choosing a School for Your Child: http://www.ed.gov/parents/
- For information on SES, see:
- SES Web site: http://www.ed.gov/nclb/choice/help/ses/index.html
- Supplemental Educational Services Non-Regulatory Guidance: http://www.ed.gov/policy/elsec/guid/suppsvcsguid.doc
- Creating Strong Supplemental Educational Services Programs (Innovations in Education series): http://www.ed.gov/admins/comm/suppsvcs/
- For information on Parental Information and Resource Centers, see