The 27th Annual Report consists of two volumes:
The first section of Volume 1 focuses on the children and students being served under IDEA. Among the topics covered are:
- trends in numbers and percentages of infants, toddlers, preschool, and school-age children served;
- infants and toddlers exiting Part C;
- educational environments of preschool-age children;
- declassification of elementary school-age students; and
- characteristics of secondary students served for emotional disturbance.
The second section of Volume 1 contains state-level data profiles, which this year display individual state trend data in tabular and graphic form.
The third section of Volume 1 consists of selected rank-ordered state data tables.
Volume 2 contains extensive appendix tables of state-reported data required under Section 618 of IDEA, such as:
- numbers of infants and toddlers receiving early intervention services disaggregated by race/ethnicity;
- children with disabilities receiving special education services disaggregated by disability category and race/ethnicity;
- graduation and dropout data;
- service settings; and
- service personnel.